Des-Case Rebuildable Steel (RS) Breathers
Des-Case Rebuildable Steel (RS) breathers were designed specifically for applications, such as bulk storage tanks or large circulating lube oil systems, where there are very high temperatures, extremely polluted air, or a corrosive environment. They are ruggedly designed, with housings of powder-coated carbon steel or stainless steel. The hygroscopic agent (desiccant) is enclosed in a bag of polypropylene filter material. This desiccant bag filter is easily installed when it is time to replace or recharge the unit. The 1-micron pleated filter has a large surface area, resulting in long service life. Like the bag filter, it is easily replaced without removing the breather from service. Rebuildable Steel breathers accommodate large air flow rates with minimal pressure drops.
- Pleated Filter Element - Filter element captures airborne contamination to 1-micron absolute (ß1≥1000).
- Desiccant - Silica gel strips moisture from incoming air. Desiccant can be customized to mitigate a variety of chemicals or fumes.
- Outside Sight Glass Indicator - Silica gel changes color from blue to light pink when the unit requires component replacement (or rebuilding).
- Air Vents - Removable stickers keep breather inactive until installation.
- Integrated Standpipe - Resilient construction provides durability and allows oil mist to coalesce and drain back into the reservoir.
- Foam Pad - Foam filter captures any large particles and disperses incoming air evenly over filtration and drying areas.
- Easy-to-Replace Desiccant Bag - Polypropylene bag has handles for easy removal.
- Rugged Housing - Powder-coated carbon steel or stainless steel housing provides excellent protection against the elements.
- Bulk Storage
- Diesel Tank Storage
- Harsh Environments
- High Flow Applications
- Large Hydraulic Reservoirs